PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Sunshine

I decided to post earlier than usual today as Kaia is currently napping and there is no telling if she will nap again today after she wakes up.  I woke up a bit sluggish and sad this morning.  Having Kaia to take care of is keeping me from sinking too far into the depths though.  I don't want her to see Mommy sad and crying all the time.  Besides, she kept giving me the biggest smiles and cute little noises this morning to push me along.

The sun is shining so brightly here this morning and the air is crisp and clean, though a bit too cool for my liking.  It is very refreshing.  I think I will take Kaia for a walk in it a little later this afternoon.

Now, for this morning's blooper.  Have I told you my dog Jersey is neurotic?  He is, very.  Think Salvador Dali, melting clocks and ghoulish faces on a canvas, neurotic.  Remember we had to go to the vet on Thursday?  Well, Monsieur Jersey has a sweet little rash in and around his crotchal area.  It provides the poor puppy hours of entertainment as he licks away at it, much to his mother's embarrassment - particularly while company is present.  This time the vet finally prescribed some medicine.  Of course, this has to happen when Daddy the Great is no longer here to administer said medicine.  Today was the first time that I had to do it myself.  There was no way he would eat the pill straight so I first tried sticking the pill down the center of a piece of string cheese.  He LOVED the cheese and proceeded to spit the pill back out on the floor.  Of course my other delightful dog, Kiyoshi, jumped on the opportunity for what he thought was a treat so, also early Saturday morning, I could be seen through my large kitchen windows WWF style wrestling with Kiyoshi's mouth to retrieve the "treat" back.  Some time later, exhausted, I looked down at the floor feeling defeated that Kiyoshi had indeed swallowed his brother's "treat" I spotted the culprit on the floor.  Success! 

Next I wrapped it cleverly in a slice of cheese.  See result number one.  At this point I'm pretty perturbed so raise my voice ever so slightly, "Just EAT the darn thing" it comes out a bit like a growl and now I'm acting a bit neurotic I suppose.  Well, we think Jersey, rescue dog that he is, may have been beaten as a young puppy so he tinkles all over my kitchen floor.  Oh joy. 

Last resort, I crush the stupid thing into a million little powdery pieces, sprinkle it over his breakfast and throw some treats in his bowl for good measure.  Jersey LOVES his food.  But, apparently, the dog who is afraid of the rain, the refrigerator, "tight" or "small" spaces, and his own shadow is also wise to this crushed up pill.  He finally ate a few bites an hour after it had been stirred up in his bowl but well over half remains uneaten.  Please people, for the love of Pete.  What else can I do to get my neurotic, short bus dog, to eat these stupid pills?  I can not do this every morning!

6 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

We had a dog like that too...she had "allergies" and would get a rash on her belly every spring...she also got car sick EVERY time she was in the car.

My advice, forget the cheese...use something the dog will go crazy for. Like wrap it up in a couple pieces of ham OR crush it up and mix it in the bowl with a scrambled egg. Those were two foods my dog ate, pill and all!

Susan
aka Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Thanks for the advice Susan! I never even thought about an egg!

Unknown said...

Hi Khara! I saw your comment on my blog (dear daughter) and came over to visit and catch up on yours... I feel like I know you already after only a few posts! :) Looking forward to following from here on. :)
I also love your blog design, your lettering and post style. Well done. ;)

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Marisa, thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad you like the blog. I look forward to getting to know you more!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Sounds so frustrating but so comical at the same time. Please forgive me for chuckling. Sounds like he's neurotic AND he's smart. How long does he need to take these pills?

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Oh no, I don't mind the laughing. That's why I posted. Ot is so comical. Thankfully, he only has to take the pills for 10 days . . . 3 down, 7 to go.

 
Blog Design by April Showers