PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sleep Training, Part Trois

Sleep training has actually been going pretty well the past couple of nights.  My angel always proves to be just that.  That girl is good to her Mommy.  I, on the other hand, am a fail at sleep training.  I cannot fall asleep!  Ahhhh!  I lay there with her for hours and don't fall asleep.  And I need to in the worst way.  I start school on Monday and that means early mornings people!  Very early.  I cannot be up until midnight!  I am not as young and crazy as I used to be.  Wait, I was never young and crazy . . . I've always loved my sleep.

And, speaking of school, I am so nervous!  I know everything will be fine.  But I am worried that I will forget something I am supposed to bring.  Or I won't find my classes and walk in all late whenever everyone else is already seated and the instructors already talking.  Or what if I realize after I've gotten all the way there that I have baby spit up all over my shoulder?  Or what if I forget to do something I was told to do?  Or if everyone's already friends (you know most of my class will have been in classes together for 2 years already) and in cliques and I'm the odd, old lady out?  And what if I'm late, well, because I'm often late to things and it's a long drive, and I'm not used to being away from the baby.  And what if I miss her terribly?  And, I know that I've talked about my nerves and worries about this already and you've all been so nice and generous and kind with your comments.  And they have helped.  And I hope that you are all right!  But now that it is approaching with no turning back my fears, nerves, and worries are just amplified regardless.  New is scary.  At least new is scary to me.  I am sure I will be keeping you all posted.

But for now, for now I really must try to sleep.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Ameena said...

I felt the same exact way leading up to the time when I left Maya so I could start a new job (she was maybe 6 months?). It wasn't easy and it won't be easy for you but just know that with time things will get into a schedule and you will be fine! You made a great decision and you won't regret it!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck at school! You are going to rock it!

Selby said...

Good luck tomorrow! You will be just fine! Maybe you can have an extra shirt in your car just in case of the baby spit up? :) The first couple days may be hard (away from Kaia) but you will adjust. It's so cool that you are fulfilling a dream of yours!

Kristi said...

Hahaha... you sound just like me. I started back up in school and though I take my classes online there are still times I need to go to the school, and the whole time I get nervous and a million questions run through my head until I get there and realize that it wasn't so bad, and I made it seem far worse than what it is. You'll do great!

Kat said...

Girl, you're going to be a star. The first day is always so overwhelming, but once you make it through, you'll be breezing through.

One favor, can we have a Khara's First Day of School snap?

Andrea said...

Those fears are completely normal, but you will be fine! :) I'm a firm believer that there are few incredible experiences in life, that didn't first start out as something totally scary. Good luck tomorrow! :)

Mandi Miller said...

Awww! I would be nervous too! I bet you will settle into a routine with going to school soon... and then you'll be able to sleep again!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Good luck, I so remember those days with school too! You will be fine! It is just those first days!

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Thank you all so much for the encouragement! It really means a lot!

Kat, I'll try to remember to take a pic.

The Bonjour Four said...

new is scary! i remember constantly feeling that way in nursing school. you will do great!

 
Blog Design by April Showers