PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to School

Monday, January 10th, Day 1.  I arrived late to my first class.  I also, apparently, missed another class completely that was, initially, left off of my schedule.  Whoops!

There are not many nursing students in my level.  This is good in many ways.  It is bad in others.  There are three students that are older than me.  They are, probably, in their 40s (I didn't ask) but just judging by the ages of their kids, they have to be at least late 30s.  The others are all, pretty much straight out of HS and so are roughly between 19-20 yrs old.  That puts me right in the middle.  Neither early 20s or late 30s-40s.  Everyone else also seemed to know at least two other students in the class that they'd palled up with if you will.  Again, awesomeness.  I think it will all be OK though.  Even if I don't make super duper best friends forever, I'm really there to learn anyway so that's cool.  I'm excited about getting started, though I must say, I'm not sure if I knew what I was getting into.  The schedule is VERY confusing and the hours are a bit more in depth than I was prepared for.  I just hope Kaia and I both make it through this first semester two happy girls.  I know I'm even more ready for the summer with my little angel all to myself again!

Day 2: pretty much uneventful, minus the having to get up too early, boo!

We shall see how the remaining days of the week go.

P.S. Kaia is a superstar at going to sleep at night now!  Knock on wood.

Photobucket

19 comments:

Shell said...

Lots of luck!

And WOOHOO to being a good sleeper!

WorkingMomJournal said...

Congrats on classes. Found you via @YoungFabMama

Wish you a sucessful school year....will be checking back on ya. Be sure to check me out as well www.workingmomjournal.com

Blessing
info@workingmomjournal.com

mdforkids said...

Good Luck Khara!

And yay, Congrats on your girl sleeping so well at night!!

Anne said...

So happy you got through your first few days! When I went back to school I made 2 really good friends. One was 10 years older and the other 9 years younger. I'm still close to them both. Also, big congrats on Kaia sleeping. Hopefully you're sleeping, too!

Anonymous said...

you GO! Awesome!!

Kat said...

A. Glad that you're in the middle of your class :)

B. Good luck with the rest of this week, lady! Once your routine is down, things will start to get easier. Sending good vibes your way!

C. Doing lots of knocking right now.

Liz said...

Good luck with nursing school!

Alicia said...

Good for you! Wising you nothing but love and luck this semester! School + baby + family = you're gonna freakin' LOVE all things vacation! LOL

PS: *fingers crossed* on the sleeping thing.

Colleen said...

Best of luck to you! I think you will do wonderfully!

And so funny (?:) just as Kaia begins to sleep like an angel, my little guy begins not sleeping and acting like a monster!!:)

I'm happy she's settled in to her routine so quickly though, that is fantastic!

Happy studying!

Selby said...

Go mama go! The first week is probably the hardest--for adjusting and getting your schedule down. I'm glad Kaia is sleeping for you, too!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Congrats and good luck on this fabulous new journey. You're going to rock it, I just know it!

Ameena said...

I really glad your first two days went well, despite the confusion on the first day. Things will get easier once you know what to expect and then a routine will fall into place easily.

Congrats to you for pursuing your dream. I think it's totally awesome when someone does that, regardless of their age.

Anonymous said...

Boo for having to get up early. Yuck!

But you are going to do great!! =)

The Bonjour Four said...

Im so sorry ive gotten so behind on commenting! im trying to get caught up tonight!

I'm so happy for you that you are doing nursing school. It is tough.. i can tell you that..but will totally be worth it in the end. Are you getting your bachelors?

You will be surprised how many friends you will make and how close you will get with the people in your class. I made some wonderful friends and even though we are all in different places, we still keep up with each other. they are awesome girls! love them all. keep us updated on how it goes. :)

Brynn said...

hi! just found your blog through domestically challenged. i read some of your posts and can identify with sleep training and all things mommy! my son is in 25th %ile as well. i'd love for you to follow me too!

Kristi said...

I hope school is going good. I started school this week, and am feeling a little over whelmed. I'm sure school will get easier for you :)

Mandi Miller said...

Yay to Kaia!!! So glad she is sleeping good now!

Good luck with your classes this semester!!

Stephanie said...

I bet you find a friend in there somewhere:) Best of luck!
Following along now too!

Sandra said...

So excited for you!!!!
I met my very best friend in my first year of nursing school: she was 21, I was 39. I love her, she gets me through everything. I'm the one who cries, she's the one who says, "We can do this!"
I'm almost jealous that you starting. Getting going and making those friendships is the best part of school! My other best friend has been a nurse for 20 years, and she's still very close to many of the girls she went to nursing school with. It's a very bonding experience!
Can't wait to read all of your adventures!

 
Blog Design by April Showers