PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

Amazing!

You are amazing!

Thank you all, again, sincerely, for your encouragement and support.  You all, and this blog, have truly been a blessing to me.

I took my first test today.  I am sure I got some wrong, but over all, I feel I did well.  Fingers crossed.  I am enjoying this new endeavour and knowledge - minus being away from my angel, but she is adjusting so well to the Nanny it makes it easier for me.

Thank you who responded with your honest feedback on your feelings of pacifism.  So as to not leave you with a few thoughts of my own (though not all are entirely formed out yet)

1.  I support freedom of religion and thought
2.  I am not a pacifist
3.  I do support and desire peace, foremost
4.  I believe there are genuinely evil people who want to do harm, to kill, and destroy
5.  I believe some of these people do these things in the name of their god (notice I did not say my God)
6.  I believe we, as humans, have a responsibility to protect and defend when we can
7.  I have hope that someday all men (and women, obviously) will live in harmony
(Also, as a side note, I also believe women are very rarely the problem when it comes to war and violence)
8.  I believe all Americans have a responsibility to our country and the freedoms we are afforded in it (I do not mean everyone, necessarily, must join the service to demonstrate this)
9.  I believe that God is not against war in all circumstances
10.  I would most certainly die, happily, defending the ones I love (such as my beautiful daughter) and many honorable, brave, and admirable men and women have done just that.  And, in many ways, isn't that very Christian?  Or like Christ?  Sacrificing one's life for another?  Or others?

So there are a few of my thoughts.  I do have others and I am sure I will gain more as time goes on.  But for now, I wish you all a very beautiful and blessed week!

Photobucket

22 comments:

Shell said...

Thanks for sharing your very honest thoughts on the topic!

Anonymous said...

whoa, I've been offline for a week, gotta check your earlier posts! Congrats on your first test! Isn't it odd taking tests again as an adult? It gets easier, I swear!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

So glad I didn't read this post first. I was looking forward to hearing your thoughts and....I got my answer quickly. =)

Those are some really well thought out points. Food for thought, I say.

Anonymous said...

K, caught up. I'm right there with you. Isn't it funny how your ideals change when you become a mother? A side note, being the mother of a SON has challenged my beliefs a lot. The idea of sending my son into war is heartbreaking.

mdforkids said...

I hope you did well on your test. It sounds like you are doing great and that your baby is adjusting nicely.

Thanks for sharing your views on Pacifism, I really like what you had to say here :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great. It is always good to "know" your viewpoint, and be willing to reflect on it (and accept some points may change with time) and you? are already awesome!

Kat said...

Khara - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this topic! It was so interesting to read each of them - I especially agree with #4. It's heartbreaking, but the truth.

Alicia said...

Yes, it is very Christian and Christ-like. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this subject. And mamma... YOU are amazing!

Colleen said...

Well said, strongly stated. I agree with you.

Kristi said...

I hope you do fabulous on your first test!
I support freedom of religion and speech. I feel that some people abuse that freedom though. Mainly the Westboro Baptist Church who takes the freedom of speech to disrupt the funerals of service mean and women. At some point the freedoms of those mournings should be protected.

Devan @ Accustomed Chaos said...

Whoo - your first test! im sure you did great!!

(i am going to have to go back & read ur previous post ;) )

Selby said...

So glad the test went well!

Anne said...

What the world would be like with only women leading the way! I totally agree. You make some excellent points, Khara. This is a tough topic and one that deserves some thought from all of us.
Glad to hear Kaia is adjusting to nanny and Mommy being n school (:

Kelly @ City Mom said...

Nice work Khara and I'm so glad your arrangement at home is working out!

As for pacifism...I don't know enough to really have a comment but I don't disagree with anything you said...people like your husband are heros to me and I am so, so very thankful for the sacrafice you are making for us!

Keep up the good work at school. You rock girl!

Liz said...

I truly believe points 4 & 5 as well!

Sandra said...

Ok, you're a student now. You have to save that deep, thinky stuff for the papers. Pace yourself girl, it's going to be a long and bumpy ride. Not that I don't think you're not capable of it...I'm not!
So glad you are enjoying nursing school so far!

The Bonjour Four said...

Yay for getting that first test out of the way! Which class is it?

Mrs. Pancakes said...

I missed your question about pacifism...I am all for peace!

Brynn said...

Glad you have a good feeling about your first test! i always felt like i definitely failed, only to have gotten a decent grade. i worry like that. how's sleep training coming along?

Anonymous said...

Your first test already? Wow! Im sure you did great!

Stephanie said...

Oh I am so glad you are finding your groove:) I'm sure the test went well!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

I love reading your thoughts in this post...well said!! I esp. agree with #8 but sadly, I think people often forget this. I hope things go well with your test, but it sounds like you have things very under control and I'm sure you will do fabulously!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
xx

 
Blog Design by April Showers