PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Catching Up

Hi All!

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a few days.  I think I've caught up on all of your lovely blogs now (even if I didn't leave comments on all your posts)!  You all have been some busy ladies and I enjoyed reading everything, from accounts of your moves, to your school, work, weight loss, shopping, and big projects!

I survived my first week back to school and Kaia survived her first week separated from Mommy for an extended period of time.  This semester is going to be HARD!  Between the coursework, being away from Kaia, and not having hubby here to watch the little angel while I study, but I think with a little hard work, organization, prioritization, and a lot of prayers, I'll make it through.  I'm sure this blog will suffer a bit so I apologize for that.  I will likely only post a couple of times a week and I might end up trying to catch up on your lives on weekends and at random times throughout the week.  Can you believe I already have my first test this coming week?!  I think I'm going to take it on Monday.

Today's been a busy day.  Little Miss wanted to wake up at 630 but she did go back to sleep eventually for a few more minutes.  Then it was up, getting ready for the day, cleaning, making another batch of cupcakes, catching up on blogging, chatting with the hubs, reading videos, signing videos, and finally, a bit of homework.  I really need to hit the books much harder tomorrow to study and get ahead for next week.  It's so hard to get homework done when I get home during the week and Kaia needs things from me, whether food or just some dedicated attention to just her.

Well, we need to watch our Your Baby Can Read video one more time tonight before we hit the hay.  Sweet dreams everyone!

p.s.  How do you feel about pacifism?  For or against?  This is a post and question I've been thinking about for the past couple of days now.

Photobucket

12 comments:

Kristi said...

Sometimes I feel like there not enough hours in the day to get done everything I need to.
I'm trying to get a little ahead on my school work so I don't feel so overwhelmed.
How is your baby can read working out for you? I always see the comemercials for it, and always wondered if it works good.

Kat said...

Lady, you have had just a whirlwind of a week! I'm really proud of you for powering through, taking control and making things happen the way that you need them to.

As for pacifism, yes, I'm always for Pacifism as a first choice. The main problem being, if your opposition does not embrace pacifism as well, you're kind of forced to act, regardless of whatever belief system you embrace.

Good question!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Isn't it lovely, being a mom, going to school, doing it all? Best of luck. It know it is a constant juggling game, in which you never feel you've mastered it.

Pacifist? Yeppers. I am. Kat has a point- many, too many- people consider violence the answer, and act only under it. For centuries, they have been brought up on believing war/winning = power. I wonder if that is something even able to change, or if it is too deep rooted?

Liz said...

You don't worry about us or your blog. You focus on school and Kaia, and come around when you have time.

Kelly @ City Mom said...

Oh wow Khara...I can't believe all that you're doing! I wish you the best of luck and I know you'll do fab!

When is your DH coming home?

Also, what did you decided for your daycare?

xx

Alicia said...

It will be a busy semester, but with a lot of organization, you'll make it through. Remember, in the grand scheme of things, this is just a small portion of your life with a very specific goal. Keep that in mind when/if the going gets rough.

Colleen said...

Oh Sweetie, I really admire you. Really. Look at how much you're doing and how much dedication you have! I don't doubt you will make it work but am going to pray for strength and extra energy for you anyway.

As for pacifism, it's a very difficult issue. Because of course I am for peace when possible but we don't live in a world where this is an option too often I'm afraid. And while peace is ideal, I also believe one MUST fight injustice and cruelty in the world as well. One must fight for those who can't stand up for themselves. But where is the line? When does fighting injustice or rescuing a country or people who are being oppressed become something else altogether, a new oppression? I really don't know. I do believe we have a duty to stand up for others but because of our human natures, we rarely do it as we should.

Have a lovely day!

Unknown said...

You are awesome! I have so much faith in you.

Kitchen Belleicious said...

How is the baby can read going? I thought about doing it but now I feel like its too late?

Selby said...

I was tired just reading your post. Good luck with the test...let me know if you need help with the little one!

Ameena said...

I am a total pacificist and firmly believe it is the best way to approach things. But if people aren't willing to go that route then often times one has no option but to respond accordingly, unfortunately.

Sounds like you are adjusting pretty well! Good luck on your test today. I think you are going to do fantastic!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Congrats on your first week of school! You are truly amazing. You seem to be able to fit 26 hours worth of life into just 24 hours a day.

Pacifism. It's something I think about more and more as an adult. I wish I could really form "my view" on this. Sometimes, I think it's unavoidable to use force when necessary. Sometimes, I think that with enough thought and planning, force can be avoided. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

 
Blog Design by April Showers